All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:35 am 
Squire

Morning all!

So here I am, got my newly arrived copy of MapInfo Pro 9.5 installed and running, finally got the activation process completed (which took quite some time, but that's a different story). Now I would be all set to start working. Since my experience tells me that doing some tutorials is the best way to get the feel of a software, that's what I wanted to do.

But where's the tutorial data? Instructions? There was nothing on my computer, nor on the installation CD's. On MapInfo's Homepage, I found an online tutorial, but nothing to download and still no data. So I ended up emailing Customer Service and they sent me a link to tutorials at

http://www.mapinfo.com/training_data

I haven't tried it out yet, but this should be complete with instructions. Maybe this helps someone else. :)

Cheers,
Kathi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:33 am 
Squire

Bummer - there's data in those zip files, loads of data, in fact, but no instructions to go with it. :(

There is a huge collection of online tutorials available on MapInfo's website, but you can't download them (at least not using Safari or Firefox), even though I found them under "Downloads"...

*sigh* There's a saying in German: "Aller Anfang ist schwer", everything is hard to do the first time.

Cheers,
Kathi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:06 am 
Squire

Next chapter in my long saga with MapInfo's tutorials:

I was unable to download any of the tutorials from the website, even though the link to get to the tutorials is in the "Downloads" section of their website. So I ended up emailing MapInfo to ask if I was doing something wrong.

The answer: The tutorial is not available in an offline version for download. :(
At least the gentleman gave me a direct link to access the tutorials without having to go through the tedious registration/Login process each time:

http://tutorials.mapinfo.com/tutorials/Index.htm

Cheers,
Kathi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:45 am 
Squire

This is good for the newbies! excellent!